A few weeks ago I linked to a news item about the sharp rise in the number of children calling a UK national helpline because they feel lonely. Many of the kids who called said that they had no friends. This got me thinking about friendship. Actually it didn’t start me thinking (I’m always thinking about friendship) but it got me to create a “tag” for friendship. (Tags are ways of organizing contents on this site according to topic so, say, you go to the “Health” tag and find all the pieces and news items that have appeared on this site on the subject of health.) More
Friday, April 09, 2010
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- I'm on sabbatical already (and why)
- Jack London Park: What it means to close it
- What does it mean to have no life?
- Wrapping it up: Overview and self-evaluation
- The question of discipline
- Other curricular and extracurricular activities
- Failing Math
- Teaching what I don't know: Physics
- On the reading list: The Prince and the Pauper
- Lesson Nine: Some Poetry
Technology Bullying schools Play Art Friendship Wisdom Happiness Learning Culture Racism Education Family Teaching Behavior Teachers Solutions Society
In the Arts